The Best Vegetarian Hot Dogs
The best hot dogs don’t have to be difficult to make. About a year ago, I found a recipe to make vegan or veggie dogs from scratch and made it my own http://www.simplelifehappylife.com/vegan-hot-dogs/. You can make them from scratch and they are definitely good, but lately, I have been going the easier route, and let me tell you, they are the best hot dogs!
Best Hot Dogs Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup of vital wheat gluten. I have been using Bob’s Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of black ground pepper
- 2 large tablespoon of minced garlic (or about 4-6 cloves of garlic). We love garlic in our home, so if you aren’t as big of a garlic fan, you can reduce this to 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (or whichever oil you prefer, coconut etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together
- Add the wet ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix together
- Place the wet ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and knead into a dough
- Shape the dough into desired shapes
- Place into the oven and cook for 1 hour, rotating every 20 minutes
Now, all you have to do is add your toppings and enjoy!
Play with your spices depending on your tastes. We like a ton of garlic and some spicy seasonings, if that’s not for you, just take those ingredients out of the recipe. We have tried this recipe multiple times, and it always turns out great.
Do you have your own recipe for the best hot dogs?
Tell us how you make your favorite hot dogs, I would love to hear your recipes and try them at home!!!