Cabbage soup diet recipe. You can use this soup as either a tool to stay full and ensure that one meal is chalked full of vegetable, vitamins, and fiber or as a more drastic diet tool.
Low Carb cabbage soup is satisfying, and it is almost impossible to consume too much of it. I caution starting the cabbage soup diet and expecting that this will solve any weight problems.
Sure, you can eat nothing but cabbage soup for a week, but if you go back to eating as you did before the diet, you are going to be right back where you were or even worse. Your body is likely to slow its metabolism because it thought you were in starvation mode.
My cabbage soup diet recipe, at least for me, is best used as one of your meals per day to help keep you full and minimize the calories you eat in a day.
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 large cabbage (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 4 – 6 celery sticks (chopped)
- 4 – 6 carrot sticks (chopped)
- 1 large bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (olive, coconut, whichever oil you prefer)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- In a large pot heat up the oil.
- Add the chopped onions to the oil.
- Once the onions have softened (about 3 minutes) add in your celery, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic.
- After roughly 10 minutes of cooking your veggies add about 12 cups of water (enough to almost fill the pot). Some people may prefer to add in vegetable stock, but I find that the base veggies for this soup already give you the flavor of a vegetable stock, so there is no need.
- Let the veggies and water come to a boil then add in the cabbage and spices. Let the pot boil for another 10 minutes, then put to simmer.
I find the longer you let the soup simmer, the more the flavor comes out. You can eat the soup right away but if you can leave it, then leave it for at least an hour.
Try this Low Carb cabbage soup and let me know if you have any fun substitutions. It is always interesting to try different takes on my favorites.