Pomade for hair is an easy thing to make at home.
I find it to be much less expensive than buying pomade hair products from the drugstore or beauty store, plus I know what is in it, and I can decide exactly on what scent I want.
Pomade for Hair Ingredients
- 1 cup of Beeswax, I find the pellets are the easiest and can be cheaper than the bars
- 1 cup of coconut oil. Nutiva is a good brand that offers organic coconut oil
- 1 – 3 drop of essential oil – you choose the scent and how potent you want the smell to be. ArtNaturals offers an 8-pack of essential oils for a good price that will let you play around with scents.
- Jars (I use ones from the dollar store or even old pomade containers)
- Melt down the beeswax and the coconut oil in a saucepan
- Once they are both melted add in the essential oil.
- Let the mixture cool until it is room temperature
- Scoop the mixture into your jars/containers
Depending on how waxy you want your pomade hair products to be, you may need to play with the percentage of wax to oil. If you don’t like the consistency, simply melt the mixture down again and add more of the ingredient you want.
You may think that once the mixture has cooled that it seems relatively hard. The warmth of your hands will easily melt the pomade. Simply rub the pomade in your hands and then run through your hair.